Day 3: Beautiful scenery on the way to Arenal
From Guanacaste, you’ll travel to the southeast in private transportation to Arenal Volcano (around 5 ½ hours by minivan), a trip that takes you through a series of increasingly lush landscapes, past farmland, forests, small towns, and vast Lake Arenal.
Days 3-5: Two nights at Tabacón Resort and Hot Springs
You’ll spend two nights in a double suite at beautiful Hotel Tabacón Resort & Hot Springs (breakfast and taxes included) or similar, near Arenal Volcano: a perfect cone surrounded by rainforest and pastures.
Day 4: Pure Trek Canyoning Tour
This exhilarating adventure begins with a 30-minute 4×4 drive followed by a short hike to the top of a waterfall, where the descent into a lush canyon begins. The tour includes four rappels down waterfalls and a rock wall – ranging in height from 165 feet to 45 feet – that are guaranteed to get your blood pumping. You’ll also do some rock climbing and hike along a trail that leads from waterfall to waterfall. Transportation and lunch included. Overnight at Hotel Tabacón Resort & Hot Springs or similar.
Day 5: En route to the Pacuare River
You’ll be picked up early for the approximately two-hour drive to meet the Pacuare Lodge rafting team for breakfast. You’ll then be driven with other travellers to the Pacuare River – named one of the world’s top ten scenic rivers by National Geographic – where you’ll spend the next three days.
Days 5-7: Three days and two nights at Pacuare Lodge
After safety training on the riverbank, you’ll enjoy an exciting, 60- to 90-minute rafting trip over class-II & -III rapids to the award-winning Pacuare Lodge, arriving in time for a delicious lunch with a river view.
After you settle into your comfortable Garden Suite, you can take a guided hike through the rainforest to a waterfall, or a short tour to learn about the Lodge’s sustainability practices. You’ll finish this day and the next with an exquisite dinner by candlelight.
On day 6 you can simply relax and enjoy the surrounding nature or choose from an array of optional tours that include adventure activities such as rock climbing and rappelling on the Tropical Canyoning tour, or gliding through the treetops on zip lines on the Pacuare Canopy Adventure. Other tour options include guided hikes through the forest (from 1 to 6 hours . You’ll enjoy another sumptuous candlelight dinner.
Day 6: Great food, relaxation, and rainforest exploration
You’ll enjoy the serenity and natural beauty that surrounds you, the friendly atmosphere, and three delicious, farm-to-table meals. You may opt for a treatment at the Lodge’s spa or one of the outdoor tours such as a longer hike, or the canopy tour (additional costs).
Day 7: Whitewater rafting on the Pacuare River
After breakfast, you’ll embark on a longer whitewater rafting trip down the Pacuare River’s most spectacular stretch, through canyons and past waterfalls and pristine forest. You’ll stop along the way for picnic lunch on the riverbank. After the river trip, you’ll have a chance to change into dry clothes before being driven to San José, where you’ll spend the last night of this package. Overnight at Hotel Park Inn or similar.
Day 8: Time to go home
Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end. Private transfer to the SJO Airport to connect with your international flight.
• Private ground transfer LIR Airport / Rincón de la Vieja• 2 night stay in Rincón de la Vieja, Borinquen Mountain Lodge or similar (breakfasts included)
• Private ground transfer Rincón de la Vieja / Arenal
• 2 night stay in Arenal, Tabacon Resort & Hot Springs or similar (breakfasts included)
• Private ground transfer Arenal / Pacuare Lodge meeting place Pure Trek Canyoning Tour (transfer and lunch included)
• 3 day / 2 night Adventure Package, Pacuare Lodge (rafting in and out from the lodge, rafting equipment and guides, 3 daily meals, Sustainability Tour, Guided Hike to the waterfall, transfer to San José included)
• 1 night stay in San José, Park Inn Hotel or similar (breakfast included)
• Private ground transfer San José / SJO Airport
Rates per person in Double Occupancy
Starting from $2,165
Rates subject to change based on travel dates, occupancy, and availability. Minimum nights may apply during the holiday season.
The Pacuare Lodge Rates Includes:
• Pacuare River rafting tour or ground transportation to the lodge (depending on preference)
• Suite accommodation
• 3 exquisite daily meals
• Transportation from San José
• 9 onsite experiences (Night Hike, Canopy Tour, Tropical Canyoning Tour, Bird-Watching, Cabecar Indigenous Hike, Ancient Trail & Hidden Waterfall Hike, Sustainability Tour, Rural Experience, The Loop)
• Professional & bilingual guide and equipment