What to Pack for Your Pacuare Lodge Experience
In order for your Pacuare Lodge experience to be most comfortable, we offer these packing recommendations.
Recommended Packing List
Pacuare Lodge baggage allowance
Maximum weight: 25 lbs/11.52 kgs
Size allowed: height 22 in / width 8 in / length 16 in
The following is a list of equipment which should be packed separately or the Pacuare Adventure; this will be rafted to Pacuare Lodge inside dry bags which we will provide. If you are returning to San José and your drop off point is the same hotel of your pick-up place, please store your extra luggage at that hotel. In case you are not traveling back to San José we will gladly store the rest of your luggage in our Operation’s Center during your stay.
For our tour's timeliness, we kindly ask that you have your river equipment packed separately from the rest of your luggage at the time of pick-up in your hotel. Bags over the size or weight allowance will not be transported to the lodge.
All luggage, food and supplies are transported by our expert guides in an oarboat
Recommended River Clothing and Equipment List for a 3 day/2 night Adventure
- 1 pair of shorts to wear when rafting (gym type shorts or pants are ok)
- 1 Dry Fit T-shirt or light cotton long or short-sleeved shirt for rafting
- 1 pair of outdoor type shoes for hiking and for use on the lodge grounds
- 1 pair of tennis shoes or sandals with straps suitable for rafting
- 2 swimsuits (1 for rafting and one for enjoying Pacuare Lodge’s iconic pool)
- 1 light cap with wide brim or visor for sun
- 3 light shirts; cotton, long or short sleeved for lodge
- 2 pairs of light cotton or Dry Fit hiking trousers or shorts; jeans okay, but not recommended, because of weight and drying time
- 1 sweater or sweatshirt
- 1 windbreaker; unlined Anorak, shell type, which can be tied around your waist
- 3 sets of underwear
- 3 pairs of socks
- 1 spare pair of glasses, if you wear prescription lenses
- Sunscreen or sunblock
- Goggles for swimming in lap pool
- Insect repellent
- Toiletry kit; no aerosols
* Please add 1 or 2 changes of clothes for each extra day at the lodge
** Please note that suggested clothes required depend mainly on weather which tends to change frequently in Costa Rica. Average temperature is in the 70 degrees Celsius. Costa Rica has two seasons, the dry season starting in January and ending in April and the rainy season beginning in May and ending in December. We recommend being prepared for changes in weather.