Day 3: Local color, tropical waterfalls, and fine dining.
Awaken to a symphony of birdsong and enjoy breakfast in the privacy of your suite before embarking on this day’s adventures Outdoor adventure options include Tropical Canyoning, which combines climbing, rappelling and other exciting activities in a lush jungle gorge. If you prefer the water, you can paddle down a stretch of the Pacuare River in an inflatable duckies(not included in the price) . Hikers have several options to choose from: the Cabécar Indian Hike, a more demanding hike to an isolated indigenous home deep in the forest; or the Ancient Trail and Hidden Waterfall Hike, which heads higher into the mountains to a waterfall, and takes most of the day.
You’ll be back at the lodge in time for lunch, after which you can relax, get a massage, watch the birds, and enjoy wine and cheese before another award-winning dinner.
Day 4: Whitewater rafting, unmatched scenery, and a return to San José.
Enjoy breakfast in your bungalow and a short hike to a waterfall in our private forest reserve before embarking on an unforgettable white water rafting trip. This exciting journey takes you through class III–IV rapids, narrow canyons and forested valleys past waterfalls, exuberant foliage and an array of birdlife that includes toucans, herons and kingfishers. You’ll enjoy a picnic lunch by the riverbank on a farm owned by Cabecar Indians before descending the last stretch of the Pacuare’s amazing scenery. At our take-out in Siquirres, you’ll have a chance to change into dry clothes and enjoy a beer, or soft drink before being driven to your hotel in San Jose, or your next destination.
• Transfer to the Pacuare Lodge with bilingual guide (choose arrival via exciting white-water rafting trip or 4x4 vehicle).
• Costa Rican breakfast en route.
• Welcome non –alcoholic cocktail at Pacuare Lodge.
• Bottle of iced Champagne waiting in your suite.
• 2 Night stay one of our fabulous suites.
• 2 Dinners including one Romantic special dinner for two.
• 2 hot breakfasts served in your suite.
• Afternoon coffee with delicious homemade pastry.
• Wine and cheese served in your suite.
• 75 minute couples massage (chose between Alóo Massage Issëmí or Thermotherapy Massage
• Rafting trip from the lodge to Siquirres (ground transfer also available) and transfer back to your hotel with guide.
Not included: alcoholic beverages or non –alcoholic mixed drinks, special dinners and optional experiences